We are delighted to invite you to join us for the launch of a new book, New Frontiers in Hospitality and Tourism Management in Africa (Springer 2021). This free online event will be co-chaired by the book editors and the following Guests of Honour:
· Hon. Dr Memunatu Pratt, Minister of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, Sierra Leone
· Hon. Dr Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Ghana
· Hon. Mr Folorunsho Coker, Director General, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation, Nigeria
Book Launch Webinar 13.00-14.30 (London Time), Friday 9 July 2021
• Provides a management perspective on the historical, contemporary, and geographic landscape of hospitality and tourism in Africa
• A critical appraisal of applicability of Western theories
• Gives insights from African management concepts
• Presents multidisciplinary local and global viewpoints
12.45: Arrival and set-up
• Dr Albert Kimbu, Senior Lecturer and Director of Postgraduate Research, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
• Arrival, check zoom is working, sharing of agenda.
13.00-13.05: Welcome and introduction to the book launch
• Dr Ogechi Adeola, Associate Professor of Marketing and Head of Department of Operations, Marketing & Information Systems, Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria.
13.05-13.20: Policy perspectives from Sierra Leone, Ghana and Nigeria
• Hon. Dr Memunatu Pratt, Minister of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, Sierra Leone
• Hon. Dr Ibrahim Mohammed Awal, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Ghana
• Hon. Mr Folorunsho Coker, Director General, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation, Nigeria
• Dr Albert Kimbu introduces our Guests of Honour, inviting them to provide brief comments on their experiences of managing the hospitality and tourism sector as senior government and industry leaders.
13.20-14.30: The management of hospitality and tourism in Africa
• Dr Michael Ngoasong, Senior Lecturer in Management and Director of Postgraduate Business Programme, Open University Business School, United Kingdom
• Authors to select one key problem/challenge in the country, region or organisation studied and the management solution(s) offered. For conceptual chapters, authors outline how their framework can be applied to improve management practice.
14.15-14.30: Q&A and the way forward
• Dr Ogechi Adeola
• The book editors will respond to questions and comments and outline the way forward.
Thank You for Attending
Please click the link below to register. https://business-school.open.ac.uk/events/new-frontiers-hospitality-and-tourism-management-africa